Solar self consumption - add a solar battery!
If you’re not at home during the day and have solar panels, you’ve probably already investigated self consuming your solar power. Self-consuming your solar power can help you be less reliant on the electricity grid and help you reduce your electricity bills. There are lots of different ways you can self consume your solar power, but one of the easiest is to store it in a smart solar battery.
Learn to be less reliant on the electricity grid and self consume your solar power with a smart solar battery.
Why you should self consume your solar
These days, unless you’re on a Legacy Plan, the rate you’ll be paid for excess solar energy is generally very low. This means you could pay up to 52c for your electricity, but only make 12c from sending your solar energy back to the grid.
In a nutshell, every time you use energy from your solar setup instead of purchasing it from the grid, you could save 30-40c instead of only earning 6-12c.
Clearly a strong incentive for you to self-consume your solar!
Most people aren’t home during the day to use their solar energy, however there is a solution - store your solar energy in a solar battery.
Add a smart solar battery to store your excess solar
Most of us tend to use electricity in the morning, and then again in the evening. When no one is home to use electricity during the day, all the solar energy generated from your setup disappears into the electricity grid.
By adding a solar battery any solar energy you don’t use during the day to power your home can be stored for later. Instead of sending your solar energy back to the electricity grid, with a solar battery you can store it for use at night.
Not all solar battery setups are equal. A Reposit Powered solar battery setup can help you self consume your solar power and be less reliant on the electricity grid. Here’s how:
- When the sun is shining and you’re solar panels are generating lots of solar energy and filled up your solar battery, you’ll produce more solar power than your household needs
- When you have excess solar power, Reposit will send you an alert to your smartphone
- If you’re at home, you can turn on your power hungry appliances to self consume your solar power
- If you’re not at home,Reposit can turn on your power hungry appliances using smart home technology
- Smart right! It means you can reduce your need to buy electricity from the grid (lowering your power bills) and manage your solar power no matter where you are. Don’t rely on the electricity grid or feed-in-tariffs!
Reposit will help you self consume your solar power. Reposit can also help you manage and lower your electricity bills. Reposit can predict how much electricity your panels will create, and will know when to store this in your battery to lower your power bills.
On days when your solar panels won’t generate enough solar energy to power your home, Reposit will automatically purchase cheap electricity from the grid to fill your solar battery (often while you’re sleeping at night) so you don’t have to pay peak electricity prices in the morning.
Want to know more about how a Reposit Powered solar battery setup can help you be more self sufficient?